Please read the following before submitting your application.
Brogdon Champion, LLC Distracted Driving PSA Contest is given to a student who submits a video in the form of a Public Service Announcement. It is awarded through a competition sponsored and administered by Brogdon Champion, LLC for the purpose of educating students on the topic of distracted driving.
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) explain how the Competition works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
1. Entry Period: The competition begins January 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM EST, and the deadline for all submissions is Friday, March 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
2. Eligibility: The Competition is open to any high school or college student who is a legal resident of the United States. Employees of Sponsor, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No academic criteria are required.
3. How to Enter: Create a short video and upload it to YouTube, then complete the submission form on the site. Fill out the application during the Entry Period, where you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill out an application with your name, address, and date of birth for all participants.
- Provide a link to your video.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Video - Create a short video in the form of a Public Service Announcement.
- Description - Brief description in 150-500 words describing the video, the inspiration behind it, and the message you are hoping to convey through the video.
- Additional Requirements for Video - The video must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that, in the sole discretion of Brogdon Champion, LLC, include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: All qualified submissions will be judged by Brogdon Champion, LLC, without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. The applicant whose submission best meets the following criteria will be selected as the PSA contest winner: 1) Level of creativity of the video. 2) Possible impact of message on viewers. 3) The PSA Contest winner will be chosen on or about two weeks after the selection date, and will be notified shortly thereafter by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
6. Award: The PSA contest will be awarded $1,000 payable by check directly to the address identified in the application. If the Contest Winner is located at an address other than the one so identified, he or she must notify Brogdon Champion, LLC no later than a month after the choosing date so that the award may be sent to the correct entity. Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent, the Contest Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Contest Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Contest Winner will be named.
7. General Conditions: Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of Brogdon Champion, LLC are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (1) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (2) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (3) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Competition or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (4) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable right to use your video, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should Sponsor, in their sole discretion, determine that the Competition has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the competition and choose the Contest Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
9. Governing Law: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Atlanta, Georgia, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
10. Privacy: With the exception of the Winner’s name, contact information collected by Sponsor solely in connection with the Competition will not be shared with third parties.
11. Winner’s List: For the name of the Contest Winner, write to Brogdon Champion, LLC at the address below no later than two months after the notification of the winner.
12. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sponsor and administrator of the Competition is Brogdon Champion, LLC, 2675 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 260, Atlanta, GA 30339, 404-596-8044.
Ready to get started? Fill out the application below.