If you have been involved in a car crash, you may be wondering how to win your case. First off, finding a good attorney among the many car accident attorneys in town will play a huge role in helping you win your case. Additionally, there are several common mistakes made by car accident victims that you must avoid!
What are these mistakes?
- Failing to take pictures of the accident scene. In the immediate aftermath of an accident, you should take as many photographs as possible that capture the road condition that caused your accident. You should also take a lot of written notes. These will help the judge and jury to visualize the conditions.
- Ignoring witnesses at the scene of the accident. If there are any witnesses at the scene of the accident, make sure you talk to them. Witnesses can provide you with information that could help support your claim. They could, for instance, prove that it was the other driver who was at fault. Ensure that you have the name and contact information of the witnesses you talk to.
- Failing to seek medical attention. Seeking medical attention after a car accident is important not only to your well-being but also to your case. Even if you did not suffer any visible injuries from the crash, it is still important to undergo a medical checkup. This makes sure that you do not have any significant hidden injuries following the accident, and in case you do, you will quickly get the necessary treatment. Car accident victims often think they do not have any serious injuries, but in reality, many of them usually sustain injuries that might take some time to manifest. Your doctor’s report and other medical records are generally considered sufficient proof of your injuries.
- Not making a police report. This is one the greatest mistakes that you should avoid. A police report is crucial if you want to present a strong case. The report gives details of how the crash happened, and it leaves the opposing party with no chance of changing the true chain of events.
- Contacting your insurance company before speaking to a lawyer. You should not give any statement to your insurance company before talking to your lawyer. Your lawyer should be the very first person to know about your accident statement. Otherwise, the statement could be used against you, and this has the potential of seriously damaging your case.
- Not having any legal advice from an attorney. There are numerous car accident attorneys who are ready to use their skills and knowledge to assist you in your case. You should contact a good attorney as soon as you can after an accident. Always bear in mind that even the best insurance companies are looking out for their own interests (giving their clients the least settlement possible). It is for this reason that you should have someone to back you up. The damages you sustained during the crash should be fully compensated, and this is what car accident attorneys are trained to do. You cannot afford not to have a lawyer by your side in such a case.
Avoiding these mistakes after a car accident will go a long way in making sure that you are compensated for any damages and losses suffered as a result of an accident.
If you want legal representation from the best car accident attorneys in Atlanta, Georgia call us at 1-877-427-0498. We offer free consultations!